Thursday, August 22, 2013

Let the Sunshine In



I saw this gorgeous balloon backed by the sunrise this am at baby school drop off. It was gorgeous. But when I saw how the pic came out I just shook my head. I may have sighed.

I'm trying to be brave and take risks. To make some dreams become reality and it's hard. Really, really hard. Most of the time I feel like this picture. It's great potential but just not there. I'm already thinking how it's disappointing. I know. I have issues. I'm not a naturally optimistic person. This is coming as a shock. I'm more of a "if we're in a plane crash let's hope we lose consciousness before the fiery death" kind of a girl. All of the adults in our house worry about worrying too much. This is no way to live life and it's no way to teach my daughter how to live.

Instead, I want to feel like this. A second shot with a change in the angle and some editing.



I want to embrace the possibilities without becoming paralyzed over fear of disappointment. I've avoided opportunities because I didn't want to risk it not working out. Being rejected. Instead, I'm trying to push through. Risk. If it doesn't work out. It's still ok. I'm still ok. I still have a lot to be grateful for and there may be even better possibilities I didn't see just beyond the trees.

Breathe Deep. Set your intention. Be brave. Exhale.

No comments: