Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Random Weekend Goodness

Sophy's new favorite item.



She demanded her new hat when we were strolling through Target on Friday night. Girls night! Daddy took us to dinner then went home to mow while we hit Target visiting all the girly sections. Mostly those that interest a toddler. I'm not sure he didn't have more fun sans his ladies. We can be a handful. I know. It's a shock.

Going for a ride in the convertible. Might play some ball while she's at it.




Cutest baby ever. Please ignore the lack of back fence.We've complained to everyone we can think of and still no fence. At least they mowed earlier this week. I'm pretty sure small children and dogs had been lost in those weeds. Ugh.

Uhm, I was wrong. This might be the cutest baby.


Wait, maybe this one. Also, my herbs have gone crazy with the rain. Nope, above is my favorite. Look at those cheeks. And eyes. And smile. SO CUTE I could die.  To paraphrase Despicable Me. I can't wait until she's ready for cartoons. She's toe dipping with Peppa Pig.

 

Miss Robin took pity on us and watched Sophy on Saturday night while we ran wild. And by wild we pre-ordered movie tickets for Red 2 and went to dinner. It was Heaven! I'm actively working on figuring out how to be Helen Mirren when I grow up. Or at least get her clothes and accent. She's amazing. Love! Rolland found it good but liked the first one better. I loved it equally as well and can't wait to do a Red marathon.

We also crossed off one of the many restaurants on my list around Dallas. The British Beverage Company. It seemed like a good casual option for Rolland's birthday dinner as he requested nothing fancy. The food was super tasty, except the mac and cheese, not so yummy. Sophy rejected it as well and that baby loves any kind of pasta covered in cheese. The fish and chips, outstanding. As was the french onion soup. Soooo good. Rolland loved his Cottage Pie and Brussels sprouts cooked in Angry Orchard Cider. Yum. We got there about 7:30 and thought it might be getting crowded but pretty empty. Crowds have much later bedtime than we do. Would highly recommend a visit.


 
Fish and Chips

French Onion Soup

Sprinkles cupcakes for dessert, and babysitting pay off. I wanted to visit the cupcake ATM but the line was nuts. Turns out, the line inside was worse but once you've squeezed in you're committed. Tasty but totally not worth it. I just don't want to turn on my oven. Starting my chant for Fall, Fall, Fall...

No comments: