Sunday, March 03, 2013

First Birthday Bash

We had Sophy's first birthday party on Saturday and it was fantastic. Lovely and sweet with kids playing and laughing. Adults able to catch up while keeping an eye on the little guys. Kind of perfect. I wish we had family closer that could have celebrated but I'm happy we've made friends that are family too. Awesome day for everyone.

Except for the cake. The cake was gorgeous and I couldn't have been happier. Everyone thought it was yummy and sooo adorable but the birthday girl wasn't having it. She was happier with her guacamole and olives on her actual birthday followed by a cheese plate. I can't say that I'm too unhappy she isn't a fan of the sugar. We've got that sugar fiend business ahead of us and for now, I'm happy to provide a cake of of the guac and olives. Black. Sliced not whole.

Can't wait to see what the next year brings.

No comments: