Monday, March 25, 2013

Chinese Lantern Festival

I was looking through my camera at the photos for our Seattle trip and found all of these... plus 100 more from New Year's Day. We went with some friends to the Chinese Lantern Festival in Fair Park.
It was amazing! It was also freezing but we bundled that baby up and headed out.

We started off at Angry Dog where I did indeed have said dog. Tasty. Then back in the car to hit the park. A friend had posted the groupon offer on Facebook so we had pre-purchased tickets at half off but honestly, it was so worth it at full price. A few days earlier we had seen the Chiluly exhibit at the arboretum for the evening tour and it was really disappointing. This exceeded my expectations. Highly, highly recommend it.



This dragon is made of dishes. Incredible!




Little cutie mixing her animals here. Last minute Target purchase for a good hat with her panda coat also a Target purchase when she was still in utero. She also had gloves not pictured since this was actually us packing it in not heading out.


He should guard our house. Loved the Foo dogs.

Heading in and a very well bundled baby as promised.




Sophy and Daddy ready to head back home.

Super cute, and mittened, baby waving to her fans.


Warning: adorableness overload with this cutie! Seriously, she is this cute all the time. It makes my heartache.


I took a gazillion photos trying to get just the right shot of the Cotton Bowl. This was my favorite.



I think the longhorns and lotus flowers sort of sum it up.





Fantastic! Honestly, I still rave about it, you know 4 months later so that's a pretty big endorsement.

Next up Seattle! I promise!

No comments: