Sunday, February 24, 2013

Last Saturday: What was for dinner...

And this is what we had for dinner last Saturday but I forgot to post! Oy!

Anyway, we hit the road early to make sure we got to the bakery early to get all the good stuff. Turns out we got there a little too early as they were still putting everything out 20 minutes after opening. This kind of thing drives me crazy because a) I'm crazy and b) I'm a control freak. We were having some friends over for dinner paying homage to The Barefoot Contessa.

But we did procure some tasty bread and croissants. Yum.


For once I did do some actual planning and set the table before everyone arrived so it was pretty cute with several small vases of tulips and my super cute Jonathan Adler pig butter dish. My congratulatory new job gift from my hubby last June. And yes, it was perfect for me because I'm a weirdo.  So here's the before shot...


After, with beef bourginon which was pretty tasty. You can also see the lovely bread from fancy bakery. Photo was provided by my friend Randall as I was super tired and ready to eat by then. There had been a fancy cheese platter breakage incident that had me off my game timing wise.

With spring coming in any minute, we've got some cookouts in the future. Rolland mans the grill and makes a fantastic salmon and grilled burgers. Can't wait. I'm trying to take my laissez faire approach to summer that served me well the last two years. Burgers, maxi dresses and baseball. It's the only way to get through a Texas summer.

No comments: