Saturday, April 28, 2012

Arnold Palmer

I love the Black Tea Lemonade at Starbucks but at nearly $5 each, it's not feasible for a daily treat. At least not feasible for us, $5 is almost a onesie and our little fashionista is growing at a rate that requires lots of clothing purchases. So... I've finally gotten around to figuring it out. Except the part where I measured anything. :( I made homemade simple syrup with 3 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar since I like my lemonade fairly tart. Normally it's equal parts of each. I juiced an entire bag of lemons from Sam's and would say it was about 1 1/2 cups of juice. Mixed both together. Next, I made a cup of tea with our Keurig (we're venturing out later to pick up Awake from Starbucks for the Keurig to taste compare)for this I just used Earl Grey and poured it over ice. The cup of tea mixed with a cup of lemonade of ice is yummy! Perfect summer drink.

No comments: