Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baking and Soldering

I've become a huge fan of the show "Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag" on the OWN network so I did a little baking this weekend. Although to be clear, I don't really need much of a push to do any baking!

These were cookies I made over the holidays and froze the dough. This is the absolute best way to insure an easy option for much needed baked goods in an emergency. I thawed them over a few days then rolled them and baked them today. They're the Mexican Hot Chocolate cookies from one of the cookie editions of Martha Stewart Living. Super tasty and the touch of chipotle powder to the mixture you roll the cookies in is awesome. I think they're the perfect "take to the office for Valentine's treat".



Muffins from one of my favorite baking books. I made the blueberry muffins but had to swap out most of the sour cream for yogurt and it's a pretty tasty substitution. After Rolland nicely ran out to get more sour cream, I made another batch for him with cherries instead of blueberries. He declared these tasty as well.



And finally for dinner, homemade pizza. I've been making the crust for years which is super easy. The sauce my dad actually taught me forever ago and it's still a favorite. Rolland, not a fan but that's the beauty of homemade pizza, everybody can make it to order.



During all of the cooking frenzy, I made 5 charms. 3 are for Valentine's gifts (I was a big failure at Christmas so folks are getting Valentine's gifts!) and two others just 'cause I had enough stuff on my desk to work on a few more and more sparkles are always great.

I hope everyone had a terrific Valentine's eve and have plans for a sweet and romantic day tomorrow.

No comments: