Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer so far...

Has been pretty busy but at least it's enjoyable busy. I've been hanging out with girlfriends and the hubby. The last couple of weeks have been movie heavy but this weekend we worked in a movie and a house project. We went to see the Last Airbender at the fancy theater in Allen. The theater was awesome but the movie wasn't. It was actually fairly horrible. The sliders and reclining seat made up for most of it.

The house project has been painting the entry way and rehanging our bookshelves we have tucked into the entry arch. They were starting to become slightly precarious but after Rolland did some serious planning and a lot of prep in the garage for most of the day they are back in place and sturdy enough to handle the heavy duty paperbacks. The benefit of a Texas summer is the new coat of paint dried in about 5 minutes!

My fabulous new find of the summer has been The Fabulous Beekman Boys


Josh and Brent are in fact the owners of Beekman farm which is a gorgeous farm in New York. The scenery and house are lovely but I'm not sure that the animals and Farmer John aren't my favorites.

Any new summer loves that you've found?

2 comments:

Molly Ann Quigley said...

I saw them on Martha, but haven't caught the show yet. It sounds right up your alley. I guess my fav show of the summer has been The Good Wife. I like all that courtroom drama.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I had heard about the Beekman Boys but had not seen the show until this weekend, I'm really going to look forward to watching them. Wow, to be in cooler weather would be great. I've always wanted to go to NY, maybe some day. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Theresa