Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Faux Vintage

So I love me some vintage jewelry but truthfully, finding the good stuff at a reasonable price? Tricky. This is why it's important to snatch up the reasonable "synthetic" aquamarine beads in various sizes and save your 40% off at Michael's coupons. Add in being a pack rat and not throwing away the brass wire you bought years ago to practice wire wrapping and you've got greatness. Not that I brag or anything.

But, I am loving the faux vintage feel of this piece. The beads are actual stone so it's fairly weighty and looks pricey but for much more reasonable prices. The rose and crystal beads at $8 bucks each can bring the price tag up quickly. Enter the coupon and a very sweet husband willing to go through the line with you and you've got beads at a fraction of the original cost.





Now, I just need the perfect outfit to show this baby off!

No comments: