Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Jewelry Making




These are a couple of necklaces I made this weekend. The trick was I had to use things I already had and couldn't purchase anything. Oddly enough, it turns out I have tons of stuff hidden away in drawers, cubbies, boxes, etc. I'm not sure I have enough room for all the jewelry I can make without needing anything else! I also went back to basics on these and the 3 strand necklace I have one strand that's just strung on the beads, the next one was hand knotted between each bead (I found this bizarrely relaxing!) and the last was a simple chain made with sterling wire. I hadn't originally planned on using the quartz between the floral beads but it turns out with the loops 1/2 the beads would lay on their sides so not an attractive look. I'm actually really happy with how it turned out.

The green milk glass necklace was super easy but I really love the look of the dark steel chain against the green beads. I added the crystal for a little interest at the clasp so it can be worn in front or in back if I decide to add some layers. I've got a few more pieces started and I should be able to get them finished up over the weekend but I have a few house projects in mind... I haven't brought up painting a few rooms for a while now so I'm sure Rolland thinks I've decided against it but no, just laying low and will spring it on him when I bring home the paint! :)

No comments: