Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bathroom progress... or lack as seen here




So these are the progress pics for this week. I have to say I'm a little bit underwhelmed by the progress that is not being made here. The guest bathroom seemed incredibly livable when it was going to be two weeks but I'm skeptical that results will materialize incredibly next week and it will be finished. I'll even grant he mentioned it might take three but this is looking like three weeks is even optimistic. I know there has been work going on by the amount of tools packed in front of my closet door making it virtually impossible to get dressed at 6 in the morning. Thank God Rolland has much better coordination or I would be wearing my fuzzy pink Uggs and blue bathrobe to work everyday. Seriously, there better be some plumbing in here next week!

On a much more fun note, my friend Bo and I ventured into a rarely visited (by me) section of Dallas to visit Jimmy's Food Store which was beyond tasty! We had to wait an inordinately long time for Bo's sandwich but this gave us plenty of time to see the guys behind the counter work their magic and to ponder the tastiness that must reside in the huge silver pot on the stove. If you find yourself craving Italian in Big D, this is the place for you.

Our outing also gave me a chance to stumble across this awesome sign

which just gave me even more opportunity to miss Destination Truth and to ponder whether ice cream really would work to lure these beasts out of hiding or if it's best to stick with the cigarettes and rum.

No comments: