Sunday, April 05, 2009

Doll Shrine - no more peekaboo



This is the finished doll shrine that's been sitting on my desk for weeks waiting for her close up. In case you're wondering, I filled the bottle with teal ink so it's almost an etch-a-sketch shrine. :) If I had to play favorites with all the shrines I've made recently, this is it. It's girly, covered in doll heads and pink with glitter sparkles. I did notice a speck of something on the INSIDE of the glass but I can't bring myself to rip off all the solder and foil then re-foil, re-solder and then re-patina. I'm learning to live with and love imperfections.

4 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

awesome work gal!! What size is this thing?? Looks big!! it is a royal pain to take all that off and sometimes it ruins the glass..

Maija said...

I am loving what you are doing with your dollheads!!

m i c h e l l e said...

Hey Amy...looking forward to seeing you at Silver Bella '09!!! Thanks again for the ride to the airport last year! :-)

LOVE the doll shrine...I have a few of those heads but haven't brought myself to doing anything more than just gaze at them. :-)

Molly Ann Quigley said...

Well your friend was right...these are uber cool! I could seel these woman! Wow...or I could just horde all this stuff for meself.