Friday, February 27, 2009

Round Robin - Suzanne


This is my addition to Suzanne's round robin necklace. Her theme is natural beauty which I interpreted very loosely. I'm fascinated by the naturalists and archaeologist of the late 19th and early 20th century who traveled the globe in search of who knows what and I finding just about everything. Admittedly, they got most of the ideas about what they found slightly wrong but somehow I've seriously romanticized this period which morphed into this little jewelry collage. The bird reminds me of all of those overly stuffed animals found in the libraries and studies or stuffed (no pun intended) into the glass cases in Victorian decorations. The shell and faux etched bone seemed like pieces that someone might have picked up in their travels. I hope she likes it, I'm really happy with the results.

No comments: