Sunday, October 26, 2008

Doll Heads a Plenty



It's been a crazy week and weekend here in the lonestar state. Work was nuts and lots of stuff on the home front to keep us busy all weekend. It would've been nice to go to LA this weekend but as tired as I am already, I just can't imagine it after another weekend of travel. I finally got around to opening my ebay packages one of which included these treasures. Rolland is beyond creeped out but I love them. I can't wait to see where they end up.

Besides some studio straightening the entire house got a scrub down early yesterday. It left us plenty of time to do some fun shopping (new iphone for Rolland) and cute glitter covered pink house for the holidays. I was also able to pick up this cookbook for a song at Sur La Table. It's been on my wish list for a long time. Ever since our trip to Vegas I've had more kitchen inspiration and pulling out the cookbooks. This weekend also found me in front of the stove so now the freezer is stocked with tomato sauce, oatmeal cranberry cookies ready to bake, extra cinnamon roll filling and Irish Soda Bread. This doesn't include the pumpkin bread (with raw seeds on top) on the cake plate and the 3 pans of cinnamon rolls I've got ready to take to work tomorrow.

The key for all this productivity has been a serious cut back on television, at least on the weekends. We had been spending far too much of our weekend time, pre-Vegas trip, vegging out in front of the tv. We just didn't have much energy left over from the work week but I've set the alarm and made sure we get up pretty close to when we do during the week and most importantly, I try to go to bed earlier to accommodate the alarm. So far so good since I've also been headache free. This has been awesome! I've been reading some headache prevention books and trying to do most of the suggestions including the diet - some days are more successful than others - but it's been a definite improvement in my quality of life.

No comments: